Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Legend of Fred Kim


When he walks into the newsroom he is as big as Beatle mania. Just the way your grandmother remembers the first time Paul, John, Ringo, and George walked off the plane and into American popular culture, my friend, cartoonist Fred Kim is a rockstar to the screaming female staff writers of my newsroom. Fred Kim walks in he is not only The Beatles, he is Mick Jagger and the Stones, Jimmy Page and Led Zepplin, and Steve Perry rolled into one. One after one the girls run up the great Fred Kim hugging him and screaming his name, "Freeed!" or "Heey Fred" his long styled hair, his fashionisto style, his laid back persona. Fred Kim is the definition of cool. Not only is he the rockstar of the newsroom, I am pretty sure if you looked up the word cool in the dictionary there would be three people: Frank Sinatra, Steve McQueen, and Fred fucking Kim. when you ask a girl what it is about Fred Kim that makes women swoon they all say: its the way he acts. So cool, so calm, so laid back like he has no care in the world, picture talking to Keanu Reeves but if he was as cool as Sinatra that would be Fred Kim. So why am I spending a blog talking Fred Kim besides that he is a legend of the newsroom. His cartoons have elevated the "Unions" newspaper to make him comparable to what Schultz did with "Peanuts." Girls love him, Men probably would like to be him, he is fred fucking Kim and all that I thought I knew about Fred Kim was strayed and changed when I saw him at the strip club throwing a little bit of money (On a side note when I saw Feigned Interest the other day she told me that it was pretty fucking cool that I saw him and she was over joyed even thought it was cute that he was there. So I guess what I am getting at here is that a guy like Fred Kim doesn't have to live up to anything or ideas he is Fred Kim and that is who he is. People won't care Fred Kim goes to the strip club but they'll think its cool that I saw him there.

No comments: