Friday, June 13, 2008

Miles' Infinite Playlist

Kathy suggested to me that i read a book by Rob Sheffield called "Love is a Mixtape" about how Sheffield created a different mixtape to describe his relationship with his wife and I plan on buying that book (with my Borders reward discount) and then I realized there was another book that I wanted to read that dealt with that same subject, the soon to be Michael Cera movie, "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" about two young people who fall in love through their love a music. Now I have always been more of a movie lover than a music lover but I have been known to know my share of songs, pretty much all of them. There are some songs I could say relate to my life perfectly and then their are others not so much (It's raining Men for example not my cup of tea, and not my kind of rainstorm either). One of my favorite movies has to do with love and music inhabiting another in Johnny Cusack's "High Fidelity" who uses his penchant for making top five song list to list his top five break-ups. Cusack's character says "Am I miserable because I listened to pop music or do I listen to pop music because I am miserable. So here it is my infinite playlist to describe my life.



Opening Credits:
Apologize by One Republic featuring Timbaland (Man I must have done something really F**@ed up)

Waking Up:
No One remix by Alicia Keyes (Must be depressed because she dumped me)

Falling in Love:
Take On Me by the A-Ha (I didn't know my life was a John Hughes Movie)

Fight scene:
Here I go Again by White Snake (Am I fighting William Zabka...aka the bully in "The Karate Kid")

Breaking up:
Have you ever seen the rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Most Def.)

Getting back together:
Sympathy for the devil by The Rolling Stones (She must be a bitch)

Secret Love:
I would walk 500 miles by The Proclaimers (Must be the sequel to Pretty in Pink)

Mental breakdown:
Say by John Mayer (A course John Mayer would be the poster boy for Mental breakdowns)

Driving:
I know by Jack Johnson (nothing witty to say about this except Jack Johnson is like nap time in kindergarten: very soothing)

Flashback:
The finer things by Kanye West, Diddy, Fabolous and Ne-Yo

Partying:
Make In Love in da Club- Usher (This is where we dance in slow motion)

Happy dance:
heard em' say by Kanye West featuring Adam Levine of Maroon 5 (Because I either got the job or the girl)

Regretting:
Truly, Madly,Deeply by Savage Garden (Why did i let her go?)

Long night alone:
Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi (when your lonely Bon Jovi will make it all better)


Death scene:
Sweet Caroline- Neil Diamond (must be one of those friends are gathered around remembering my life and they hear sweet caroline and start singing together in to remember moi)

Ending credits:
When You Were Young by The Killers (at which point everbody says they beat this song on guitar hero)

So overall my playlist was a mediocre success which has hashed my life into a 80's mid ninties boy meets girl teen movie. Maybe I will better success than Duckie did going up against Andrew McCarthy!

No comments: